Ginger and chili lend a zesty flavour to this soup, while cashews give it a hearty creaminess.
|Makes||1.4 L (4 servings)|
|Total Time||15 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 100 g (1 ) carrot, halved
- 100 g (1 cup) cabbage, chopped
- 100 g (1 ) celery stalk, halved
- 140 g (1 ) red bell pepper
- 150 g (1 ) zucchini, cubed
- 10 g (1 ) green onion
- 15 g (1 ) lime
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 red chili pepper
- 125 g (1 cup) cashews
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
Add 1/2 cup (120ml) of coconut milk at the end of the blending cycle to give the soup a richer flavour. If you do not like spicy food, you may leave the chili pepper out of the soup.