Caramel Chocolate Bars! Indulgent 2-layer, dairy free and no-bake caramel bars. Created with an oat ﬂour and coconut oil base which also makes a creamy and smooth caramel using only 4-ingredients. Finish them oﬀ with a generous drizzle of melted dark chocolate! Created by @wholesomepatisserie
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 200g old fashioned rolled oats
- 115g coconut oil, melted
- 10 / 160g medjool dates, pits removed
- 90g almond butter
- Generous pinch ﬁne salt
- 170ml room temperature water
- 150g plain dark chocolate block or chips, melted
- Line a 9inch x 5inch rectangle loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add oats to high-speed blender, I use a Vitamix. Blend on medium-high speed until it turns to ﬂour. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend until incorporated. If mixture hasn’t fully combined, transfer to a mixing bowl and mix until no dry ﬂour remains.
- Press mixture into lined loaf pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes whilst you make the caramel ﬁlling.
- In the same blender, add medjool dates, almond butter, salt and water. Blend on medium-high speed until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed. Keep blending until you reach a smooth caramel consistency.
- Pour caramel over base and spread out evenly.
- Transfer to freezer and chill until the caramel ﬁrms up, about 2 hours. The caramel won’t turn completely solid. Chill until it’s ﬁrm enough for you to slice into bars. Can also be left in the freezer overnight.
- Melt chocolate.
- Remove from pan and slice into long bars widthways.
- Drizzle a generous amount of chocolate over each bar.
- Return to freezer or refrigerator until chocolate sets.