Gin and ginger give this recipe both its name and enticing flavour.
|Total Time||1 Hour|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 150 g fresh ginger root, chopped
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 360 ml water
Gin-Ger Beer Cocktail
- 75 ml fresh lemon juice
- 75 ml ginger syrup
- 45 ml gin
- 70 g ice cubes
- 150 ml ale beer
Ginger Syrup Directions
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and ginger.
- Heat to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Gin-Ger Beer Directions
- Place lemon juice, syrup, gin, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour into large mug or glass over ice and top with 150 ml ale. Stir and serve.