This simple pear and honey puree combines perfectly with pomegranates and rosé to make a delicious Bellini.
|Total Time||23 Minutes|
- 300 g ripe pears, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 60 ml honey
- 240 ml water
- 6 Tablespoons pomegranate arils, 1 Tablespoon per glass
- 1,080 ml rosé, or sparkling wine or water
- Place pears, honey, and water into a small saucepot set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until pears are softened and liquid has reduced by half.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then add to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 – 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Allow to cool completely and place mixture into a squeeze bottle. Alternatively, set aside in a small bowl.
- Squeeze or carefully scoop 60ml pear purée into the bottom of each champagne flute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pomegranate arils to each, and top each with 180ml of sparkling liquid, stirring gently to incorporate before serving.