Kick this recipe up a notch by adding a banana, or sneak in courgette for added nutrition.
|Total Time||40 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 180 ml (¾ cup) soy milk, or milk
- 180 ml (¾ cup) coconut milk, or heavy cream
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) date syrup, or honey to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 680 g (1½ pound) whole frozen strawberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. After about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor should change and four mounds will form.
Freeze unused ice cream in an airtight container. When ready to enjoy, allow to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.