A simple blend of apples, dates, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice make a great coating for this granola. Make a batch and store in an airtight container for an easy snack or breakfast topper.
|Makes||16 Servings (8 cups)|
|Total Time||45 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 300 g (3 cups) gluten-free rolled oats
- 140 g (1 cup) mixed dried fruit, such as blueberries, raisins, apricots
- 140 g (1 cup) raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 400 g (2) medium honeycrisp apples, seeded, quartered
- 60 g (8) pitted dates
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, dried fruit, almonds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place the apples, dates, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Pour the apple mixture over granola mixture and combine to coat the dry ingredients evenly. Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared sheet tray and spread out evenly.
- Place the sheet tray into the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until nicely toasted. The granola will crisp up as it cools down. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.