This homemade soy milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
|Makes||1.1 l (4 servings)|
|Total Time||26 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 200 g (1 cup) dried soy beans
- 2 dates, pitted
- 840 ml (3½ cup) water
- Clean dried soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool. Measure 1½ cups (260 g) cooked beans.
- Place cooked beans, dates, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Smoothies program.
- Start the blender and increase to its highest speed or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- To obtain commercial-style soy milk, strain the milk through a filtration bag or pass through a fine mesh sieve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To obtain a commercial style soy milk, strain through a filtration bag. Flavour soy milk with ½ teaspoon table salt and ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or sweeten to taste with your favourite sweetener.