Golden brown pancakes with almond flour.
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) almond milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons date syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 220 g almond flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 20 – 30 seconds, using the tamper as necessary to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil and heat. Be careful when cooking the pancakes as the almond flour is delicate and can easily burn.
- Pour or scoop pancakes into the pan in desired size. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and continue cooking on the other side.
- Serve immediately with your favourite jam, fresh fruit, or syrup.
- Be careful when cooking these pancakes as the almond flour is delicate and can easily burn. Almond flour, though gluten-free, is very calorie-dense.
- This recipe makes very filling high-protein and high-fibre pancakes. A great way to start an active day!
- Using an egg substitute in this recipe will not produce an ideal texture due to the lack of gluten in almond flour to hold the pancakes together.