BBQ rub using dates as a natural sweetener as opposed to sugar. Use as a BBQ seasoning on vegetables, chicken, pork, or beef.
|Makes||11 Servings (½ cup)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- ¼ cup (35 g) medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup (7 g) dried porcini mushrooms [or other dried mushroom]
- 2 Tablespoon (14 g) paprika
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) celery salt
- 2 teaspoon (5 g) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) kosher salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) dry mustard
- Place all ingredients into Vitamix container and secure the blade base.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 8. Blend for 15 seconds or until ﬁnely chopped.
Make this simple recipe fresh and as needed with this easy process. The rub will start to cake together after sitting for awhile due to moisture in the dates. Dried porcini mushrooms are our favorite choice for this recipe, but any dried mushroom will work.