Let beef cuts marinate overnight in this sweet and spicy beef rub, featuring hot paprika, dark chili powder, brown sugar, and liquid smoke.
|Makes||350g (2 cups)|
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 145 g (½ cup) salt
- 25 g (¼ cup) cumin seed
- ¼ cup hot paprika
- 35 g (¼ cup) dehydrated garlic
- 25 g (¼ cup) dehyrdrated onion
- 15 g (¼ cup) chilli powder
- 55 g (¼ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Massage all sides of beef ribs generously with the rub. Wrap tightly in saran wrap and let sit refrigerated overnight before smoking. (Follow your favourite smoking method or grill over low, indirect heat for 1 to 2 hours.)