Use the best quality chocolate you can here and there’s an option to swap the cream for coconut cream if you like. These make for an effortless and elevated dessert.
You can make them the day before or up to three days in advance and have ready in the fridge only needing to add your toppings and you ready to go. Created by Chef Tom Walton
|Total Time||Prep time 10 minutes plus 4 hours in fridge to set the mousse|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 1 ¼ cup (310ml) thickened cream or use coconut cream
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 figs, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1 violet crumble bar, smashed
- Pour ¼ cup water and half the cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer (try not to let it boil), then remove from the heat. Meanwhile place the chocolate, egg and vanilla paste into the jug of the Vitamix Ascent blender and pour over the hot cream, immediately secure the lid and blend on to a smooth texture, starting on setting 1 for 10 seconds then increasing to setting 4 for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and add the rest of the cream then secure the lid and blend again for 20 seconds on setting 4.
- Divide the mixture between 4 glasses or small bowls or use 1 large serving dish and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- When ready to serve, spoon the coconut yoghurt over, and top with the figs, raspberry and crushed violet crumble.