This smooth and creamy hummus dip is the perfect bowl of goodness you need in your fridge for a quick and easy summer snack. Pair the hummus dip with your favourite crackers or bread for a savoury treat. Created by Dagmara Leniartek
|Total Time||15 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 400 g can of chickpeas or dried chickpeas (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 ¼ cups of cold liquid left from cooking the chickpeas or (addition water plus the liquid from the chickpea can)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Slices of lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Optional: If you are using dried chickpeas that require cooking, first soak the dry beans in cold water overnight. After the beans have soaked, drain and rinse well. Add the beans to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 – 2 hours, until soft.
- Optional: For extra creamy texture use skinless chickpeas by removing skin after cooking.
- Add chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, Himalayan salt, garlic cloves and ground cumin into a Vitamix blender.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of cold liquid left from cooking the chickpeas (or liquid from the can and additional water) into blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth in consistency.
- Add more water if consistency is too thick.
- Top hummus with dill, parsley, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, slices of lime, radish, extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.