Super-charge your pastas and add more veggies to your sauces with @therese.spoon Creamy Roasted Red Capsicum Rigatoni. It’s an easy way to add to your five serves of vegetables a day, and a great way to pack in some extra nutrients and fibre
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 red capsicums- de-seeded and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 shallot- quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 200-300g prawns- peeled and de-veined
- 300g rigatoni
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Toss the sliced capsicum in olive oil, chilli flakes and smoked paprika, and lay on a large baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the shallots and whole garlic cloves to the baking sheet and roast for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then peel the skins off the garlic cloves.
- Add the roast vegetables to the Vitamix container, as well as the tahini and tomato paste. place variable on high setting until smooth, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, season generously with salt, then cook the pasta for 8 minutes or until al-dente.
- In the meantime, heat a splash of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the prawns- without over-crowding the pan. Cook for 1 minute, then turn. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until they turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain- reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the water back into the pasta, and add in the red capsicum sauce, tossing until the sauce evenly coats the pasta. Toss in the prawns, stir for a further 30 minutes until they are warmed through, then remove from stove. Taste and season further with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Transfer the pasta onto serving plates, scatter with the chopped parsley and additional chilli flakes.