This is @helentzouganatos fruity twist on tiramisu featuring layers of strawberry syrup infused savoiardi biscuits sandwiched between whipped vanilla mascarpone and fresh juicy strawberries.
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 3 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 3 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 200g strawberry jam
- 3 Tablespoons Cointreau or dessert wine*
- 16 gluten free savoiardi biscuits
- 3 x 250g strawberry punnet
- Add the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of caster sugar to the blender. Mix for 4 minutes on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add mascarpone and vanilla and blend on medium speed until just combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the remaining tablespoon of caster sugar and whisk for a further 2 minutes until glossy and firm. Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture to form a smooth cream.
- Add jam to a small saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Whisk over low heat until simmering then remove from heat. Add Cointreau and stir to combine.
- Dunk half the biscuits into the warm jam syrup and line the base of your serving dish (roughly 22cm diameter). Cover biscuits with half the cream then a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the biscuit layer and drizzle any remaining jam syrup over the biscuits. Top with remaining cream and tightly seal bowl with cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Prior to serving garnish tiramisu with a final layer of fresh strawberries.