This boldly flavoured soup offers tremendous texture, combining a silky smooth puree with the cooked soup base for the perfect mouthfeel.
|Makes||4.5 Servings (1.4L)|
|Total Time||56 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 270 g (3) leeks, white part only, washed well, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 150 g (9 cups) kale, stemmed, chopped
- 1.5 l (6 cups) vegetable broth
- 1½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and sweat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook just until wilted, about 2 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Carefully pour soup contents into Vitamix container and secure the lid, reserving 2 cup of the kale/leek mixture and dividing between serving bowls if a textured soup is desired.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.