These delicious macerated berries will give an even more exciting pop of flavour to any dish with the sweet sauce that forms from the natural sugars in the berries.
|Makes||14 Servings (1kg)|
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 450 g fresh strawberries, washed
- 230 g fresh blueberries, washed
- 230 g fresh raspberries, washed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) date syrup
- 45 ml white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Place the balsamic vinegar, date syrup, mint, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the berries and mix well. (Do not be afraid of bruising the berries as this will help a sauce develop.)
- Allow berries to marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.