This sauce is refreshing, delicious and is a great substitute for tomato sauce. Try it with your favourite pasta with some vegan cheese. Yum! Created by @littlebitesofbeauty
|Total Time||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- ¾ Jap pumpkin (do not replace this with other type of pumpkin, remove skin and seeds and chop into small pieces)
- 500 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 small red beetroot (pre-steamed and diced)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, washed and twigs removed
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 3 Tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 basil leaves
- 250ml of boiled water
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Add diced kabocha, rosemary, half the dried Italian herbs, nutmeg,
and ¼ cup water to the pan. Season with salt. Stir and cook with the lid on for 20 – 25 minutes.
- In another pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, tamari and coconut milk. Stir and cook with the lid on for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Season the cauliflower florets with the remaining dried Italian herbs and salt. Add to a frying pan with ⅓ cup of water. Cover and simmer until cooked through.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to your Vitamix Blender then add the mushroom mix, kabocha and cauliflower. Secure the lid.
- Select variable 1 and slowly increase to variable 10. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to variable 1 and add the fresh lemon juice and basil to the sauce through the lid plug and blend for 4 or 5 seconds. For a stronger flavour add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy your Nomato Sauce over a plate of pasta, zucchini noodles, pizza or whatever you like! Consume within 3 days.