A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
|Makes||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- 4½ teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 25 g (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, fresh herbs, Parmesan, pepper and ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until emulsified