|Total Time||45 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml light olive oil
- 245 g cooked pumpkin
- 60 ml milk
- 150 g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 220 g plain flour
- 90 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Place eggs, oil, pumpkin, milk, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, flour and chocolate chips in the order listed.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove each muffin from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is originally from the US where canned pumpkin is used in most cases. We recommend using fresh pumpkin and cutting into 2-3cm pieces and steaming until tender.
For a more robust flavour increase spices or add ground ginger and other holiday spices. Please refer to our