When you cosy up by a fire with a great book and this hot cocoa, you’ll have the perfect cold-weather day on your hands! Feel free to substitute dark chocolate for white if you prefer.
|Makes||1.25 L (6 cups)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 750 ml milk
- 200 g pumpkin purée
- 125 g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 25 g mini marshmallows
- Add milk, pumpkin purée, chocolate, vanilla, ginger, and nutmeg to your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Hot Soups program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Once machine has stopped, select the lowest setting and blend for 10 to 15 seconds to reduce the amount of foam.
- To serve, pour into mugs and top with mini marshmallows!
This recipe is originally from the US where canned pumpkin is used in most cases. We recommend using fresh pumpkin and cutting into 2-3cm pieces and steaming until tender.