This tropical mango, passionfruit, and coconut slice is everything and so simple. Make ahead of time, cut and store in the freezer and pull out for 20 minutes before eating and you are set for all occasions. Created by Chef Tom Walton
|Total Time||4 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 1 ½ cups almonds
⅓cup shredded coconut
- 12 fresh dates, pitted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water
- 200 g mango flesh,1 mango
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons fresh passionfruit pulp
- 250 ml coconut cream
For the base crust, combine the almonds and coconut in the jug of the Vitamix and blend to a crumb texture then add the dates and salt and blend on speed 2 to form a paste.
- Line a 24cm square tin with baking paper and press the mixture into it to form an even base. Use your hands, the bottom of a glass or another tin pressed in to flatten it out then place the base into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Place the cashews, mango, coconut oil, lime, maple syrup, passionfruit and coconut cream into the blender jug. Starting on speed 2 then increasing to speed 10, blend for approximately 2 minutes to form a smooth filling.
- Pour this filling into the lined tin, over the base, and gently tap on the bench to remove any air bubbles.
- Place back into the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- To cut, remove from the freezer into the fridge for 15 minutes then cut into the desired shape and size then place onto a serving platter and serve with extra mango and passionfruit spooned over.
Extra sliced mango & passionfruit to serve.