Kids love finding this healthy back-to-school recipe in their lunches, and you’ll love how easy they are to make! Substitute the strawberry-banana combination with any of your favourite fruit flavours..
|Makes||8 fruit strips|
|Total Time||4 Hours|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 300 g strawberries
- 2 bananas, peeled, halved
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon honey, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 55 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program to complete.
- Line two dehydrator trays or baking sheets with parchment. Divide the puree between the two trays and spread out evenly.
- Set the dehydrator to 135°F (60°C) or the oven to 170°F (75°C). Dehydrate for 3 hours, or until fruit puree is dry to the touch; or bake for 2 to 3 hours, or until puree is tacky but does not stick to your fingers.
- Once dry, slide the parchment sheets onto a work surface and cut into 3-inch (8-cm) wide strips, down the whole length of the puree, leaving the parchment in place. (Each sheet should yield 4 fruit strips.)
- Roll each strip tightly, and store in an airtight container.