Make something special this festive season and try this Walnut Mutekke with Honey and Orange Recipe from @samira_damirova____
|1 Hour 10 Minutes
|Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container
- 225 g plain flour
- 75g butter, cubed and freezed for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- 125 sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g walnuts
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Place flour and cubed butter into a bowl of vitamix in listed order and pulse on speed 5 a few times until mixture resembles crumbs (3-5 pulses within 3-4 second intervals).
- Move the mixture to a bench or a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add sour cream and egg yolk. Mix gently until dough comes together. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces, shape into discs, wrap in cling film and set aside to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime make the walnut filling, prepare and line cooking tray and preheat oven to 160C Fan Forced.
- To make the walnut filling place all ingredients into the bowl of vitamix and pulse on speed 5 until your mixture turns into a paste with some walnuts still remaining in small chunks for texture.
- Place one of the dough discs onto lightly floured bench and roll to 5mm thick. Cut into 8 triangles like you would with pizza. Place 1 tsp of walnut mixture onto wide end of each triangle, tuck the wide sides and roll towards the end point.
- Place mutekke cookies on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, move to a cooling rack. Once cooled roll in icing sugar.