With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavour and moistness of the original.
|Makes||1 loaf (10 servings)|
|Total Time||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) oat milk
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) Homemade Date Syrup
- 60 g (¼ cup) apples
- 1 large egg
- 60 g (¼ cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 220 g (2 ) very ripe bananas, peeled
- 80 g (⅔ cup) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Place oat milk, date syrup, applesauce, egg substitute or egg, margarine, lemon peel, and bananas into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the machine on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed. Stop the machine.
- Remove lid and carefully pour bowl of dry ingredients, along with walnuts, into the container. Secure the lid.
- Pulse the machine on Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades as necessary, 10-12 times or until flour is just combined. Pour batter into the sprayed loaf pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.