A hearty spread made with raw, roasted, or salted almonds that also works as a fruit dip.
|Makes||420 ml (16 servings)|
|Total Time||6 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 600 g (4 cups) almonds, roasted, unsalted
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute you will hear a high-pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change and become low and labouring. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
If using raw almonds you will need to use cup of oil or liquid create a creamy texture. if choose roast your own ensure that they are roasted at for least minutes. this toasting combined with blending on high speed is what allows the natural oils be released from inside nuts and vital creating smooth texture instead paste.