Looking for a low carb and gluten-free alternative to plain flour? Try this Paleo-friendly flour at home with just one ingredient: whole almonds. Also try our Almond Flour Pancakes as a delicious grain-free way to start your morning.
|Total Time||5 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 560 g raw almonds, or blanched almonds (no skin)
- Place the almonds into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 – 7 seconds, then quickly stop the machine.
- Remove the lid and scrape the sides of the container with a spatula. Repeat the same process until desired consistency is achieved.
- A finely ground almond flour is a great baking substitute if you need a light, gluten-free and protein-filled flour.
- Almond flour with a coarser grind may be used as a breading, binder, or wherever a coarsely ground flour is needed - just be careful when cooking it, as it will burn more easily than other flours.
- Please refer to our
dry grain grinding chartfor more details on grinding whole wheat flour.