This creamy beetroot soup is well rounded with a little acidity from tomatoes, smokiness from the cumin, and is ready for add-ins of your choosing.
|Makes||720 ml (2 servings)|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 180 ml water
- 240 Roma tomatoes
- 180 g fresh beetroot, washed and scrubbed, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- 60 g macadamia nuts
- Extra crushed, toasted macadamia nuts to serve
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 7 minutes 30 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the lid plug opening.