Nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and fresh mint complement a variety of berries in this sweet and refreshing sorbet.
|Makes||7.5 servings (1.2L)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 180 ml cold water
- 0.5cm piece (5 g) fresh ginger
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted, or honey to taste
- 125 g frozen strawberries
- 125 g frozen blueberries
- 120 g frozen blackberries
- 90 ) frozen raspberries
- 280 g frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 4-5 mint leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 260 g ice cubes
- Place water, ginger and dates into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 15-20 seconds or until dates and ginger are finely chopped. Stop machine and remove the lid.
- Add berries, mint, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla to the container with ginger mixture and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45-60 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.