Top these fluffy, whole-grain pancakes with a fresh fruit syrup, also made in your Vitamix.
|Total Time||25 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 480 ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml olive oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 50 g granulated sugar, or date syrup to taste
- 120 g plain flour
- 125 g wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- Place buttermilk, eggs, oil, salt, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds and remove lid plug.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 20 – 25 seconds, using the tamper until mixture is combined.
- Pour 1⁄8 to ¼ cup (30-60 ml) batter onto hot, prepared griddle and bake.
For recipe variation, use 1 cup of wheat berries instead of the flour. Grind berries in dry grains container for 1 minute on high prior to using in recipe.