Sautée the carrots and onions to bring out a more intense flavour in this vibrant soup.
|Makes||1.1 L (3 servings)|
|Total Time||21 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 365 g (6) carrots, cut into 5cm pieces
- 80 g (1) onion, peeled, sliced
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) soy milk
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ lemon, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the onions and carrots in a pan set over medium heat. Add a splash of water and allow to cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes through vented lid. Serve immediately.
Using raw ingredients in a soup is a simple way to use the power of the Vitamix, however, cooking vegetables beforehand will enrich the flavour and remove some of the potency of ingredients like onions.