This flourless hazelnut & blood orange cake is so simple to make and so delicious. If you can’t find hazelnut flour, almond flour is just as delicious too created by @laurafordnutrition
|Total Time||3.5 hours|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 blood oranges, washed
- 6 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250g hazelnut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped into large chunks
- Place blood oranges into a large pot of boiling water and cook for 2 hours until soft. When blood oranges are soft, drain the water and allow them to cool. Once the blood oranges are cold, place the whole blood oranges into the blender and blitz to form a smooth puree.
- Preheat oven to 160C and grease and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- In an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the pureed blood orange, hazelnut flour and baking powder and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin then top with the dark chocolate chunks and lightly push the chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour until golden brown. Test the cake is done by inserting a skewer into the centre, when removed it should come out clean. If there is batter stuck to the skewer, cook for a further 10-15 mins.
- When the cake is done, let it cook in the tin before dusting with icing sugar to serve.