Serve this traditional chilled soup over chopped cucumbers and tomatoes for a refreshing twist.
|Makes||4 Servings (960 ml)|
|Total Time||15 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 375 ml (1½ cup) tomato juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 315 g (2) tomatoes, halved
- 215 g (1) medium cucumber, peeled, quartered
- 30 g (½) small onion, peeled, quartered
- 115 g (1) large green capsicum, seeded, halved
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, tomato, cucumber, onion, and capsicum into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 3.
- Blend for 20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Season soup with hot sauce, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.