Spicy and sweet, the flavours of ginger and carrot combine into a vibrant meal.
|Makes||960 ml (4 servings)|
|Total Time||21 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 450 g carrots, chopped
- 120 g (½ ) medium onion, peeled, sliced
- 5 g (1 ) fresh ginger root, ¼" slice
- 2 Tablespoons vegan margarine
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 360 g (3 ) medium orange, peeled, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté carrots, onions, and ginger in margarine until soft.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of broth. Simmer until tender.
- Place oranges, orange zest, and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 to 45 seconds until smooth. Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Season to taste with salt, optional and pepper.
Serve hot or cold. Garnish with light sour cream and chopped cilantro.