Red dates are stuffed with glutinous rice cake and steamed for a healthy, Chinese dessert.
|Total Time||55 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 24 Medjool dates
- 300 g glutinous rice powder
- 90 g sugar cubes
- 2 Tablespoons elderflower syrup or honey
- 1 L water, warm
- Soak the red dates in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the dates. Cut open one side of the date and remove the pit.
- Add the glutinous rice powder and 240 ml of warm water to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and gradually increase speed to Variable 5.* Blend for approximately 30seconds to make a dough.
- Fill the red dates with rice dough. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Place sugar cubes, syrup, and 600 ml of water into a pan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is slightly reduced.
- Place the red dates in the syrup and allow to soak for 30 seconds. Remove dates to a plate, spoon syrup over top, and serve.
*If you are using a G series machine please decrease speed to Variable 3.