Our version of this Middle-Eastern dip contains garbanzos, garlic, and raw sesame seeds. It's traditionally served with flatbread, but crackers and tortilla crisps are great, too.
|Makes||360 (3.75 cups)|
|Total Time||8 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 cans (825 g) chickpeas, liquid reserved from 1 can
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas including reserved liquid, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with salt.