Carrots are often underrated, so why not roast them in the oven and transform this humble vegetable into something sweet and tasty. Created by @bettinas_kitchen
|Total Time||45 Minutes|
Roasted Carrot Soup Ingredients
- 550 g organic carrots, unpeeled
- Olive oil, for roasting
- 250 ml cream
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled if not organic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wild Garlic Pesto Ingredients
- 200 g wild garlic, washed (save a few pieces for the topping. Substitute with chives if wild garlic is not available)
- 400 ml olive oil
- 150 g cashews
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of pepper
- A few wild garlic leaves
- A few thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the carrots to the baking tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Put in the oven for 30 minutes until soft.
- Add the carrots, cream, ginger, salt and pepper to the blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a pot and heat through for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the wild garlic pesto by adding all ingredients to the Vitamix blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass jar, top with ½ cm olive oil to lock in the freshness of the pesto, add the lid and store in the fridge.
- Divide the soup between 2 large bowls then top with some wild garlic pesto, a drizzle of olive oil, some thyme sprigs and a few wild garlic leaves.