Spice up your hummus with your favourite hot sauce. Just remember, the heat level you choose will be intensified in the Vitamix.
|Makes||780 ml (26 servings)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 cans (825 g) chickpeas, liquid reserved from 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 110 g (¾ cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- 30 g (½ ) lemon, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients, including reserved liquid into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Reserve additional chickpea liquid or add water if a thinner hummus is desired.