A delicious, vegan indulgence for all to enjoy.
|Makes||1, 24 cm torte (12 servings 9" pan)|
|Total Time||40 Minutes|
- 350 g (3½ cup) hazelnuts, divided use
- 120 millilitres + 1 Tablespoon (½ cup + 1 Tablespoon) coconut oil, divided use
- 1 pinch salt
- 140 g (1 cup) dried dates, pitted, halved
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 120 ml (½ cup) agave nectar
- 5 avocados, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 100 g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons goji berries, ground
- Place half of the hazelnuts into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to Pulse and quickly release. Continue to Pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with second half of the nuts. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and salt to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate. Press into a spring form pan.
- Place 120 ml coconut oil, dates, vanilla bean and agave into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place 2½ avocados in the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process for the second ½ of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Spoon mix over top of the hazelnut crust, wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerator overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving.