An all-veggie entrée for your Meatless Monday menu.
|Total Time||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-inch (5cm) pieces
- 250 g (2) red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 60 ml olive oil
- 450 g (1 pound) button mushrooms, sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) ketchup
- 40 g (½ cup) nutritional yeast
- 50 g (½ cup) oat flour
- 20 g (¼ cup) rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- Secure lid and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 3.
- Turn machine on, take zucchini pieces and drop them one by one through lid plug. You may need to use your tamper to push them into the blades. Remove zucchini and place in separate bowl.
- Repeat step three with peppers and garlic
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat, add olive oil allow to warm. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and all liquid has evaporated.
- Add pepper, zucchini, thyme and garlic to the mushroom. Cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce by half.
- Add ketchup, oats, oat flour, yeast and parsley to mixture and stir to combine. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add egg, mix to combine.
- Prepare an 8-inch x 4-inch (20 cm x10 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper and baking spray. Add mixture into the loaf pan.
- In a preheated 180°C (350°F) oven place loaf pan in and cook for 45 minutes.
- When done allow to cool for an hour, slice into 10 portions.
- To serve, line baking sheet with parchment and place portions onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10 minutes or until warm through, serve immediately.