An abundance of vegetables is puréed into a hot soup and finished with chickpeas for added texture.
|Makes||1.25 L (5 Cups)|
|Total Time||35 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 1 garlic clove
- 65 g (½ ) medium onion, halved
- 100 g (1 stalk) celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth
- 40 g (⅓ cup) carrots, halved, steamed
- 80 g (2/3 cups) zucchini, chunked
- 60 g (2 cups) fresh spinach
- 1 (130g) medium russet potato, cooked, halved
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Sauté garlic, onion, and celery in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Place broth garlic, onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, spinach, half of the potatoes (130 g), thyme and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the Hot Soups program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed blend for 5:45 seconds or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Select Variable 2.
- Start the machine then remove lid plug and add remaining potatoes (130g) through the lid plug opening. Blend for 5 - 10 seconds, or until desired consistency.