Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise that can be used as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread.
|Makes||500 ml (2 Cups)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) canola oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug and drop in garlic cloves through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to variable 6.
- With the machine still running, slowly pour oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.