This easy soup is done in only minutes—plus you can easily change out the corn for any frozen vegetable of your choice. The possibilities are many, but the result is always the same—delicious!
|Makes||960 ml (4 cups)|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 450 g (1 pound) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 30 g (¼ cup) onion, peeled. diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed
- Blend for 6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
For thicker soup, add more corn to the blend. To remove some of the foam at the end of this blend, select Variable 3 and blend for 15 seconds. Add your favourite spice blend to the soup to create a unique flavour. Taco seasoning is a hit, and add tortilla chips, black beans, and more corn to add some texture to the soup at the end of the blend.