This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favourite, makes a quick and easy appetizer for guests.
|Makes||720 ml (24 servings)|
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 120 g (2) medium roma tomatoes, halved
- 20 g (1 cup) fresh cilantro leaves
- 80 g (1) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1 lime, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 540 g (4) avocados, pitted, peeled
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the fruit, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 4-8 depending on desired consistency, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 15-20 seconds.
For a chunky style guacamole pulse the ingredients or blend on a lower variable speed. For a smooth guacamole, blend on a higher variable speed.