A budget-friendly blend of kale and spinach create this vibrant pesto and a delicious serving of leafy greens.
|Makes||300 ml (1¼ cup)|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 270 g (4 cups) kale, chopped
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 60 g (¼ cup) roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 15 g (½ cup) spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, blanch 4 cups (270g) of kale for 4 minutes.
- Shock in a bowl filled with ice and water; strain. Once water has drained away, press out as much water as possible, leaving ½ cup (35g) of blanched kale.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Using the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 15-20 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.