With any combination of leafy greens, vegetables and beans, this beloved Italian favourite can be thrown together with whatever's in your pantry. Ours includes corn, zucchini, carrot, chickpeas and kidney beans.
|Makes||960 ml (2.7 Servings)|
|Total Time||55 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 240 g (4) Roma tomato
- 40 g (½) carrot
- 80 g (½) onion, peeled
- 50 g (½) celery stalk
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Place all Soup Base ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
- 120 g (½ cup) chickpeas, drained
- 100 g (½ ) zucchini
- 260 g (1 cup) kidney beans, drains
- 100 g (½ cup) corn kernels
- 50g (½ cup) Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove lid plug. Add chickpeas, zucchini, kidney beans, corn, and cheese through the opening. Secure lid plug. Blend for an additional 10 seconds. Serve immediately.