Enjoy this delicious vegan and gluten free cake, guilt-free. Garnish with extra pistachios for an added crunch.
|Total Time||55 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 300 g almond flour
- 100 g gluten free flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 lime, zest only
- 100 g shelled pistachio
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, optional
- ¼ cup flax (linseed) meal, combined with ½ cup water, or 4 large eggs
- 120 ml applesauce
- 320 ml date syrup
- 300 g (1 medium) zucchini, halved, then each ½ quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Line two 9-5 inch (23 x 13cm) loaf pans with baking paper and spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine both flours, baking powder and baking soda, lime zest, pistachios and salt into a bowl. Set aside, then place eggs or flax eggs, applesauce and date syrup into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Turn machine down to lowest speed. Remove lid plug and drop zucchini quarters through lid plug opening, blending for 15 seconds or until evenly chopped. (Do not blend into a liquid)
- Pour blended mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate. Pour batter into loaf pans and place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove loaf pans from oven and cover with foil. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. Garnish with extra crushed pistachios if desired.