These blender cakes are perfect for meal prep, make ahead in cake tins or muffin moulds and store in the fridge for a few days (we guarantee they won’t last that long) ready for lunchboxes and snacks.
A great idea to make with the kids. You can mix up the toppings with different fruit or leave off the choc if you want them a little ‘nicer’.
Another option is to bake them in little dishes and serve hot for dessert with a scoop of ice-cream, some cream or yoghurt. Created by @cheftomwalton
|Makes||3 small 10cm cakes,
1 large 24cm cake or 5 muffins
|Total Time||40 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 2 Free range eggs
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 punnet fresh or frozen raspberries
- 80g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Natural yoghurt to serve, if desired
- Preheat an oven to 190C.
- In a the Jug of the Vitamix Accent blender, combine the egg, banana, nut butter, honey, milk, oats, baking powder and blend to a smooth batter.
- Pour this between your prepared cake tins or muffin moulds and top with the raspberries and chocolate.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes, depending on your oven, until a skewer or small knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes then remove from the cake tin.