Chef Steve Schimoler created this spin on classic hummus with the addition of sweet roasted red pepper for flavour and colour.
|Makes||840 ml (3½ cup)|
|Total Time||11 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 170 g roasted red pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 125 ml (½ cup) Tahini
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cans (825 g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.