These little cakes make the perfect appetisers, or are perfect in a salad bowl, wrap or burger. Created by @therese.spoon
|Total Time||10 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 150g smoked salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 30g bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g capers
- 20g fresh dill
- 2 stalks spring onions- chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 100ml creme fraiche
- Lemon juice- to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salmon cakes in the Vitamix blender. Lightly whizz on the lowest setting until roughly combined. Using a tablespoon, form 6 small patties- having clean, damp hands will help!
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry the salmon cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dipping sauce together and transfer them to a small dipping bowl. Serve alongside the crisped salmon cakes and a slice of lemon. Scatter over with more dill and pan-fried capers.