A twist on the traditional basil pesto, broccoli and parsley make this pesto just as green and equally tasty.
|Total Time||30 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 450 g broccoli florets
- 20 g Italian flat leaf parsley
- 60 ml olive oil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 450 g cheese tortellini
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly; reserve the water for cooking tortellini.
- Place oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and broccoli into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 8. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and reserve ¾ cup of the cooking liquid. Return the tortellini to the pot. Add the broccoli pesto and ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water and toss to combine. Add more water as needed to loosen the sauce.
For additional flavour, try adding a splash of white balsamic vinegar or some fresh raw garlic when blending the vegetable mix.